Is your Student on an IEP or 504?
My name is Nikki McIntosh and I am the Vista Del Mar Elementary School Special Education parent representative for PTA. My role is to help support, inform, and connect parents who have students on either an Individual Education Plan (IEP) or 504.
If you would like to learn more about Special Education at Vista Del Mar or in the Capistrano Unified School district, please join me and other parents at the:
Community Advisory Committee (“CAC”) meeting.
Wednesday, November 7, at 9:30 am
Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 9:30 am
Wednesday, February 20, 2019 at 9:30 am
Wednesday, March 20, 2019 9:30 am
Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at 9:30 am
Location: District Office 33122 Valle Road, San Juan Capistrano
We have a packed agenda. You won’t want to miss! Hear directly from our Student Support Services/Special Education administration about changes to special education in CUSD.
Please contact me with any questions at: email@example.com
If you wish to receive additional information about special education or future CAC meetings, or simply connect with other parents, please contact me via the email address above and I will add you to the Vista Del Mar Special Education email list. You can also follow the “Capo CAC” on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CapoCAC/
Capo CAC Purpose:
1. To review the special education plan (“SELPA”) that describes the local policies, procedures and programs, which are consistent with state laws, regulations, and policies for Special Education.
2. Provide parent education opportunities, give families an opportunity to communicate with district administrators, connect with other parents, and share resources and support.
3. Support activities on behalf of individuals with exceptional needs.
4. Each school has a representative that attends meetings, reports back to the site’s PTA and helps connect parents of other students with special needs while bridging any gaps between general education and special education communities.
5. Across California, every Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA) is required to establish a CAC.